OPEN LETTER TO PRIME MINISTER HON SCOTT MORRISON
14 November 2020
Urgent call to support Senator Eric Abetz in his open confrontation of totalitarian regimes
Dear Prime Minister,
We, as members of the Australian Values Alliance (AVA), express grave concerns at the unfounded attacks against Senator Eric Abetz for his open confrontation of the Chinese Totalitarian Regime.
AVA is an advocacy NGO aspiring to safeguard and promote Australian core values. Most of our members are of Chinese origin with a mainland China background.
我们是澳洲价值守护联盟 （Australian Values Alliance，即AVA）成员，对阿貝茨（Eric Abetz）参议员因公开对抗中共极权政府而遭到无端攻击的行为表示严重关注。澳洲价值守护联盟属于一个倡导型非政府组织，致力于守护并倡导澳洲核心价值。我们的多数成员是具有中国大陆背景的澳籍华人。
We would like to take this opportunity to commend the Australian Government for their recent actions and policies to address Foreign Interference and protecting Australia’s sovereignty and values.
This letter is to request the Australian Government to address the contents of the petition from the Asian Australian Alliance (“AAA”) against Senator Eric Abetz dated 12 Nov 2020.
此信恳请澳大利亚政府对2020年11月12日澳大利亚亚裔联盟（Asian Australian Alliance, 即AAA）反对阿貝茨（Eric Abetz）参议员的请愿信做出反应
Key Concerns: 主要问题包括：
- We are alarmed by the accusation that “racism” was the driving force for Senator Abetz’s valid questions posed at the October 14 Senate Inquiry. 我们对10月14日阿貝茨在参议院听证会上提出的合理问题被人指控为“种族主义”驱动，表示震惊。
- The three witnesses at the inquiry participated in “individual capacity” as Australian-Chinese. Their views do not represent the entire Chinese community and subsequent accusations published in the media should be viewed with caution. 三名澳籍华人证人以“个人名义”参加了听证会。其观点不能代表整个澳洲华人社区。 而随后在媒体报道中对阿貝茨参议员的攻击更应该予以谨慎审视。
- The three acknowledged that the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has a dismal human rights record, yet stopped short of condemning the regime – a point the Senator Abetz made in context of other similar regimes and without disrespecting the witnesses. 这三位证人承认中共当局有不光彩的人权纪录，但不屑于谴责中共。阿貝茨参议员陈述的观点适用于其他类似极权政权，并无对证人不尊重。
- We unequivocally believe that condemning the CCP is not racist, as it does not represent the Chinese people. The unfounded attacks on Senator Abetz have misled the public and members of Government. 我们完全相信，谴责中共不是种族歧视，因为中共不代表中国人民。而那些对阿貝茨参议员无根据的指责已经误导了大众和政府成员
- The CCP is not a democratically elected government, and the Chinese people are the very victims of the regime. Over 70 million Chinese nationals and overseas Chinese died from the CCP brutality. 中共不是一个民主选举的政府，而中国人民则是这个政权的最直接受害者。7千万中国同胞（包括海外华人）死于中共暴政。
- It appears that like many other Chinese Australians, the three witnesses were reluctant to express their view due to their fear of the CCP, which demonstrates the CCP’s infiltration in Australia have reached an alarming level. 显然，与其他澳洲华人一样，那三名证人因惧怕中共而不愿公开表达其观点。而这一现象证明了中共对澳大利亚的渗透已经达到了令人震惊的程度
The Asian Australian Alliance (“AAA”) has falsely accused Senator Eric Abetz using the racism blame card. We remain deeply concerned and hope that the Australian Government be alerted about the danger when the racism is being weaponised in the political arena. This is also a common tactic of the CCP, which we have observed in recent years since the Australian Government has taken important steps to protect our freedoms. 澳大利亚亚裔联盟打种族主义牌对阿貝茨参议员进行了错误的指控。我们对此深表关注。当有人在政治舞台上将“种族主义”武器化的时候，我们希望澳大利亚政府对危险保持警惕。近年来，自从澳大利亚政府采取重要举措保护我们自由，我们观察到这种技俩为中共惯用。
We are further appalled that the Asian Australian Alliance (“AAA”) has requested Prime Minister Scott Morrison to reassure Chinese Australian community that the line of “loyalty testing” to be unacceptable behaviour. The motives of such request raise more concerns about the source of their allegiance, and it proved to be the perfect litmus test of the individuals.澳大利亚亚裔联盟要求莫里森总理确保不对澳洲华人社区进行“忠诚度测试”。对此，我们深感震惊。提出此项要求的动机更是引发我们思考：他们到底忠诚于谁？这无疑是对个人最好的试金石。
Senator Abetz’s question has no reference to one’s ethnic heritage, race or loyalty. The questions were evidently asked because of the three named individuals’ responsibility as working in the public office. We encourage member of the Australian Government and public to view his statements in the context in which they were asked, as is documented in the Hansard transcript. 阿貝茨参议员的提问与一个人的民族遗产、种族或忠诚毫无关系。他之所以提出那些问题是因为那三位被提问者在公共部门工作。我们希望政府人员和公众去国会会议记录里查阅一下当时情景下他为何如此提问。
“That is why, might I add, that in nearly every single interview that I do unequivocally condemning the Chinese Communist Party I stress that this is not a condemnation of the Chinese people—because I believe that they are just as freedom loving as every other human being on the planet—but that I am condemning the regime under which they suffer, just as much as not all Germans were Nazis, or all Russians communists, or all Italians part of the Mafioso or Vietnamese part of the triads. But, as German-born, can I say that I have no difficulty in saying unequivocally that the Nazi regime deserved to be condemned. I’m just concerned that some of our witnesses have great difficulty in condemning a regime that has been responsible for millions of deaths; incarceration of millions; forced organ harvesting; illegal land grabs; ripping up of an international—UN sanctioned, even—agreement between the UK and China in relation to Hong Kong; and the list goes on.” “在我所作的几乎所有访谈中都明确谴责中共，但我强调并不是谴责中国人民。因为我相信中国人民与这个星球上其他所有民族一样热爱自由。但我谴责的是那个使他们饱受苦难的政权，正如不是所有德国人都是纳粹党徒，所有俄国人都是苏共，所有意大利人都是黑手党，或者所有越南人都是三合会一样。而我自己作为德国后裔，我可以毫无困难地明确表示德国纳粹政权应该遭到谴责。我无非是关注我们的一些证人很难对一个杀害了数百万人、囚禁了数百万人，活摘器官、非法掠地、撕毁关于香港的在联合国备案的国际协定的政权进行谴责。”
As stated in Senate Abetz’s full statement dated 15 October 2020, “Standing firm against ugly dictatorships is everyone’s duty” . Labelling the request of condemnation of the CCP to be “racism” is fallacious and causes danger to Australia’s sovereignty. 正如阿貝茨参议员在2020年10月15日的声明中所述： “坚定地面对丑陋的独裁政权 是每个人的职责”。把对中共的谴责标签为种族主义是荒谬的，对澳大利亚主权构成威胁。
The three individuals are not qualified to represent the voice from the Australian Chinese community. Chinese Australians are the very victims of the CCP dictatorship and hope that the Australian government will stand firm against CCP’s threats and coercions. 那三位被提问者没有资格代表澳大利亚华人社区发声。澳大利亚华人是中共独裁统治最直接的受害者， 他们期望澳大利亚政府坚决反对中共的威胁和逼迫。
It is vital that the Australians should not be misled by their false representation, which compromises social cohesion and undermine Australia’s parliamentary democracy. If this unfounded campaign against Senator Abetz silenced public criticism of CCP tyranny within the Australian Parliament, there will be even fewer Australian-Chinese citizens who would be willing to have faith in or participate in Australian politics. 关键是澳洲人不应该被他们虚假表述所误导。否则，社会凝聚力就会受损，澳洲议会民主制也将遭到破坏。倘若这种对阿貝茨参议员毫无根据的抹黑使澳洲议会内对中共暴政的批评消音，那么以后愿意参与澳洲政治的华裔澳洲公民就会越来越少了。
The fact that the CCP’s infiltration threatens the sovereignty of democratic countries is acknowledged internationally, and is well documented in the reports such as “The Party Speaks for You”by Alex Joske of the ASPI and “Mind Your Tongue” by Professor John Fitzgerald. 中共渗透对民主国家的主权已造成了威胁，这一事实已经取得国际共识，在诸如周安澜(Alex Joske) 所著的《党帮你说话》和约翰·菲茨杰拉德 （John Fitzgerald）教授所著的《小心说话》等报告中可以找到大量可查证的文件。
We are grateful for Senator Eric Abetz’s courage in defending the honour of Australia and its values. His position is commendable, and other Australian politicians should be encouraged to follow accordingly. 我们感恩阿貝茨参议员捍卫澳洲荣誉和价值的勇气。他的立场值得称赞。其他澳洲政治家也应该像他那样。。
We request the government to immediately:我们请求政府立即：
1) Acknowledge condemnation of any totalitarian dictatorship, including the CCP, to be necessary when protecting Australia’s sovereignty and democratic values. 确认在保护澳大利亚主权和民主价值时对包括中共在内的任何极权专政进行谴责是必要的。
2) Ensure the safety of the Australian citizens by identifying any false representations of racism which compromises social cohesion.对那些以种族主义为借口而行破坏社会凝聚力之实的虚假代表事件进行调查，以确保澳大利亚公民的人身安全。
Yours Truely, 诚挚的
Australian Values Alliance澳洲价值守护联盟